Female Rehabilitation and Development Organization (FRDO) is a non for profit, Nonpolitical and non-government organization (NGO) registered with Ministry of Economy in January 1995. FRDO has been formally known as women based organization in Balkh province and Kabul, organization performs as a non for profit legal entity focusing to bring lasting improvements in women life with a special focus on marginalized women quality of life. Since the time of establishment FRDO implemented several projects that met women/communities needs in Northern provinces of Afghanistan. Number of projects implemented for quality improvement of women life that some most famous are listed here;
- Sustainable Livelihood and Agribusiness for Women.
- Role of Women in Clean Environment and Healthy Life.
- Leadership Training and Health Education.
- Intensive vocation Training.
- Civic education and food distribution.
- Human and legal rights awareness and Elimination of violence against women.
- Literacy, English and computer courses and o Animal husbandry.
Professional Technical/Support staff of the organization is considered as strengths of the firm, thus the organization got enough capacity to advocate for implementation of more sophisticated projects toward responding community needs in northern Afghanistan and expand its activities around the country.
To empower women by improving their capacity and providing opportunities to be self-sufficient and self-sustained.
We improve Women’s living conditions through promoting role of law, democracy, education, human rights, women rights defense, self-reliance, health care, livelihood, gender equity, and effective use of resources. We promote sustainable community development, good governance, economic opportunities, social economic, ecological standard and social development. Our organization exists to empower women, girls and communities for promoting sustainable safety, security, relief, democracy where be addressed the causes of human suffering, poverty, and social injustice. We provide services and boost economic opportunities for poor, vulnerable and marginalized Afghans especially women and girls to live in peace, welfare and dignity.
Organization Core Values:
- Focus on women activities of social justice which benefits the women and children of the society.
- Commitment in participating and empowerment of women to make their own decisions.
- On the accountability and sustainability of the program to enable the individual communities and institution to create and continue change and adopt enduring system and behavior in society.
- Organization mandate to encourage the youth to take active part in the society by creating alternatives for the welfare and dignity of the society.
- Transparency and commitment towards the vision.
- Equality, dignity and respect for all.
- We prove and maintain constant credibility.
- Concentrate on providing honest, straightforward and realistic assessment of the issues, risks and probable outcomes of each matter.
- Respect and support for the people and responsiveness to the public.
- Foundation relation and networking with other organization.